With winter fast approaching, one wardrobe essential worth investing in is a pair of boots and we’re in luck, as the cooler seasons see an abundance of winter boot trends that strike that right balance of form and function. If you need a little inspiration, these five fashion-forward boot trends will have you stepping out in style this season.
1. Walk on the wild side – If you’ve scoured through fashion pages in the last couple of months, you may be aware that the leopard print trend has returned and it’s the ideal motif to mix with neutral tones such as beige, grey and black. For first-time leopard print wearers, small doses like a pair of boots are the perfect way to try out this trend.
2. Buckle up – Adding edge to more traditional feminine footwear, buckles are everywhere. From one chunky buckle to four buckle straps, there’s an abundance of styles out there to suit you. Details like a buckle on a suede boot give them a western look which is another huge trend in boots this season.
3. High and mighty – The sky is the limit when it comes to thigh-grazing boots and they’re not just being worn on the limbs of New York models. This boot trend might seem unapproachable at first glance, but embrace it and pair with a midi dress, a skirt and tights, or your favourite pair of skinny jeans.
4. Architectural heel – It’s time to hail the unusual with the sculptural heel as we see a variety of geometric shapes and sizes that will incorporate a sense of wonder and drama into your look. Keep your outfit simple and let the footwear turn heads.
5. Ankle biters – Don’t discount this classic bootie. The ankle boot can be styled all year-round, proving to be a worthwhile investment. From flats to heels, this timeless boot comes in array of styles and colours this season.