If a warming winter dessert is on the culinary cards for you, make it this outstanding Peach Cobbler from Joanna Gaines’ latest book, Magnolia Table.
PREP: 15 MINUTES
COOK: 50 MINUTES
4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
1¾ cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup whole milk
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a large saucepan, combine the peaches and ¾ cup of the sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sugar dissolves, the juice is thickened, and the peaches are softened but still firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk and mix until combined.
- Place the butter in an 8 × 8-inch baking dish and set it in the oven. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Take out the dish when the butter has melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the dish on top of the melted butter. Spoon the peaches and juice over the batter and sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
- Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
From Magnolia Table, Volume 2 by Joanna Gaines. HarperCollins RRP $59.99. Copyright © 2020 by Joanna Gaines. Reprinted by permission of William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.