Move over millennial pink, enchanting the runway this year is a brighter, bolder shade of baby blue known as icy blue. This hue brings to mind images of frosted lakes and snowflakes – making it the perfect colour to enhance your winter wardrobe.
Solidifying its place amongst the other bright and bold colours of 2019, icy blue is a fresh and welcome addition to the season’s traditional colour palette of blacks, browns and greys. This cool shade is on the brink of becoming a neutral staple thanks to its ability to be paired with almost all the colours under the sun! Convinced? Read on for our trendy top tips.
- Designers across the globe are reviving some of our favourite classics in this glacial shade, so be sure to stock up on other pastel pieces to mix and match; popular picks include pale yellow, lilac and powder pink.
- The slight silvery undertone of icy blue makes it easy to combine with classic neutrals like camel, stark white and classic black. Accentuate an all-white ensemble with one or two bursts of this beautiful blue.
- For sophisticated balance, add a powerful punch of colour by pairing icy blue with trendy hues like coral, emerald green, ultra-violet and even ochre. Avoid neons as they are likely to clash or outshine.
- Easily embrace the chill with an ice blue blazer or full-length wool coat – or cocoon yourself in a plush faux fur jacket in this divine shade. Not only does an icy blue jacket elevate any monotone outfit, it’ll keep you nice and toasty too.
- Dare to bring on the bold? Go head-to-toe for serious impact; a jumpsuit, matching two-piece or tailored suit in this shade are three must-haves that are sure to have you looking ‘cool’.
- An old crowd favourite, navy is a signature winter neutral that provides just the right amount of contrast when combined with icy blue.
- Warm up your winter with a little sparkle – this magical blue works well with or as a glittery statement piece. Silk, patent pleather and lace are also proving to be particularly popular fabrics for this demure shade.
- For a sweet splash of blue, pepper in some accessories in this colour to any formal or casual look; think a coordinated combo of high heels, a chunky belt and silky scarf.
- Activewear is undergoing a serious sartorial transformation as of late so you can expect to see this bold colourway amongst the athleisure arena. For the ultimate trend-forward look, team icy blue bike shorts with a neutral hoodie and you’re ready to go!
- Winter weddings call for a cooler colour palette, so if you or a special someone is getting hitched this season, why not rock a dress or suit in the dreamy hue of icy blue?