Get in touch to see what opportunities are available. There is always a spot for great sales people!
In confidence – please call 03 343 3669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take ownership of your future – Sales Professional
Metros Publishing Group is the publisher of Metropol magazine; the leading lifestyle magazine in Canterbury and growing throughout the South Island. Located in Christchurch, our culture is performance driven, professional; yet fun, our team of highly successful salespeople, are energetic and supportive.
Experienced in media sales of looking to start out in the industry or sales.
The ideal candidate:
- Motivation to achieve goals and targets
- Focussed and persistent to achieve your goals
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- High level personal and relationship building skills
- Initiative to find prospects and convert them into clients
In return you will be well rewarded. Commission is uncapped.
Media Sales Leadership Graduate Programme
Ready for an empowering and inspiring career opportunity?
Metros Publishing Group is the publisher of Metropol magazine; the leading lifestyle magazine in Canterbury and growing throughout the South Island. And also The Christchurch App the new home of local news and information for Christchurch (which is downloadable for free from App Store / Play store). Our culture is performance driven, professional, yet fun; our team of highly successful salespeople, are energetic and supportive of each other. We are on a growth journey and offering opportunities for talented graduate to join us, to develop and grow with us.
What is the Sales Leadership Graduate Programme?
The Sales Leadership Graduate Programme is for recent graduates to gain practical experience, training, development and mentoring in media sales (print and digital), marketing, business management and leadership. Providing you the skills, experience and knowledge necessary to be highly successful in sales, and which you will find invaluable generally throughout your career.
Our expectation is that from day one you will you take on a high degree of responsibility; working with our clients and taking on interesting work and projects. As you successfully progress through the 24 month programme we expect you would take on ever increasing responsibilities, with opportunities to move into leadership positions within our business.
Why choose our Sales Leadership Graduate Programme?
- Learn and be coached by high performing sales people whom have a lifetime of sales experience and success
- Training and development programme (tailored specifically to you) that will ensure you gain the skills required to successful in sales, business management and leadership
- Training and mentoring from successful sales and business leaders
- Work on projects designed to build your breadth and depth of sales skills
- Fast-track your sales and leadership career, become a future leader of the company
- Build your professional network
- Sales is the route to senior positions in the media industry
Benefits for participants
During the program, you will receive;
- A base salary plus uncapped commission on your sales, ensuring that you will be rewarded for your hard work
- A structured training and development programme tailor made for you
- Responsibility from day one to work with our clients and the rewards from being able to make a real difference for them, yourself and our business
We are looking for those that have the potential to be highly successful in in sales; gregarious personality, have ambition, and have excellent communication skills.
You need to be super-confident, have a ‘can-do’ attitude, very articulate, always open to learn and improve and love meeting new people and working with people face-to-face and over the telephone.
People buy from people they like and trust. Within professional business-to-business sales, our clients appreciate integrity, professionalism, expertise and honesty rather than a pushy or scripted approach.
To apply for this program you need:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- To demonstrate leadership potential and commercial acumen
- Ambitious, motivated, ability to meet targets and goals
- Great communication and customer service skills
Sales experience is not essential. You will be guided through all the aspects of the commercial media role within print and digital products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Working to achieve sales targets
- Speaking directly to prospects and clients with a view to building revenues and customer relationships
- Copywriting, page innovation and layouts
They should think about the competencies needed to succeed in this field first – ability to persuade, influence, build rapport, come up with solutions, meet pressurised targets and lead groups. You will find that commercially-minded graduates will be able to think of examples of this, whether they have sales experience or not.