We’re heading into the part of the year where we spend an increasing amount of time indoors, so it’s the optimum time to start bringing the outside in, so we’re not feeling trapped inside.
You don’t even need a large, open space or window to bring the feeling of nature indoors. Green fabrics and textured rugs made from natural fibres are a great start; just don’t forget to invite some green guests to the party.
Check out our top tips for bringing life into your home – both in the literal and figurative sense of the expression. But, if keeping them alive is a cause for concern, fake it until you make it with some realistic plants and plant motif bedding and drapery.
- Hanging plants are just plain cool, so why not give macramé hanging planters a go?
- Pot plant stands enable you to stagger the heights of your potted perennials, adding drama and dimension to your spaces, while self-standing pots are great for softening stark corners.
- Herbs are great in the kitchen, so why not try a hanging herb garden; you never know, the easy access might inspire a little culinary creativity.
- Certain plants thrive in the moisture of the bathroom and they’re a great option to break up the stark white we so often find in this space.
- Terrariums come in all shapes and sizes and make a great centrepiece for the dining table.