Get in touch to see what opportunities are available. There is always a spot for great sales people!
In confidence – please call 03 343 3669 or email email@example.com
Take ownership of your future – Sales Professional
Metros Publishing Group is the publisher of Metropol magazine; the leading lifestyle magazine in Canterbury and growing throughout the South Island. Located in Christchurch, our culture is performance driven, professional; yet fun, our team of highly successful salespeople, are energetic and supportive.
Experienced in media sales of looking to start out in the industry or sales.
The ideal candidate:
- Motivation to achieve goals and targets
- Focussed and persistent to achieve your goals
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- High level personal and relationship building skills
- Initiative to find prospects and convert them into clients
In return you will be well rewarded. Commission is uncapped.
Writer / Assistant Editor
Metropol, Canterbury’s leading lifestyle magazine, is going from strength to strength after 20 years of continued growth. We are now seeking an experienced and energetic person to join our team as an writer and and assistant with editorial function of the magazine.
- Working with the Editor to create a mix of stories for each issue
- Writing stories and advertorials that are compelling to engage our readers
- Managing sub-editing, proofing and flow of editorial copy
- Organising photography assignments and production flow
- Managing social media platforms and assisting with planning overall social media strategy
This is a fast paced role where no two days are the same. To succeed you will need to be:
- Experienced in a similar journalism role (ideally including some previous editing experience)
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Capable of delivering exciting and clean copy at a cracking pace
- Able to create lifestyle content that connects with readers
- A good team player, with a flexible, proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
We envision this as a part-time role of 20 hours per week. We also interested to hear from those seeking a full-time role. We recognise that great people also have a life outside of work, so we are willing to provide flexibility in hours and days worked for the right person. This a fantastic role for a fantastic person, providing variety, satisfaction and fun for someone self-motivated who is seeking something that is so much more than just a job; someone who wants to contribute to the continued growth and development of our business. Be part of plans we have to be even more successful in a role will enable you to develop personally and professionally alongside the growth and development of our business.
PS. We always keen to hear from writers who would like casual work writing advertorials and editorial stories.
To apply or know more ….
021 639 994
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.